“Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.” – Romans 11:5
Isaiah chapter one shows us that if it were not for “the remnant” the nation of Israel would have been as Sodom and Gomorrah – destroyed. Now, in Romans chapter eleven we see that this remnant is still in existence as the apostle Paul writes under the inspiration of God.
The word “remnant” has to do with a “small remaining part.”
Here are just a few simple thoughts about a remnant.
1. It’s a Small Piece
– It is a left over piece.
– It is part of the original larger piece.
2. It’s a Separated Piece
– Once all the cutting is done, there are always leftovers from the fabric.
– It is not thrown out with the trash because even a “remnant” still has value or purpose.
3. It’s a Sought After Piece
– There are always people who will walk into a fabric store looking for “remnants.”
4. It Has a Specific Purpose
– Whether it is being sought after to be used as a “patch” for someones clothing, drapery, or other item…
– It may be sought after to be added to a quilt which provides warm and even decoration along with many other “remnant” pieces…
A remnant may not be able to make a whole outfit, but it can be used to patch one or even compliment one. A simple left-over piece of material sure makes a perfect illustration for the word “remnant” used in describing those faithful-few still standing for the LORD in some of the difficult times of history. During this COVID19 crisis that our world is facing; there are people taking pieces of fabric (remnants) and making them into masks for their own safety, and the safety of others. Be part of the “remnant!”